Thursday, September 23, 2010

Catz. Are they really necessary ?

I know. Them's fightin' words.
But cats are on my mind this morning.
That can't be a good thing.
I consider myself to be a dog person.
I consider there to be something wrong, deeply wrong, with cat people. (oh, get your own blog.)

Dogs will be in Heaven.Obviously.
Cats belong in the seventh circle of hell.
That said, I could really use a cat right now. Because there are mice in my house. My dogs don't even notice. But I can hear their tiny mice feet scurrying around at night. Unless Mr. Squirrel is still visiting.
Someone sent me this cat herding video this morning.
It made me smile and I think I even COL.(chuckled out loud)




But wait! There's more kitty wonderfulness to be had here today! Please enjoy the following which was found on Craiglist not too long ago.
You're welcome.
You're very welcome.
Carton Of Irregular Cat Hats
Hello. I have a big box of used cat and kitten hats that I have collected over the years for various occasions. As of recently my cat, Snowman, is no longer living and thus I am forced to get rid of these precious memories. I would not feel right asking money for them so I am offering the whole box for free. There are many styles from formal to cute and funny.









There is a variety of 14 different hats total. I just hope you and your pet can find as much joy in these hats as me and Snowman once did.
E-mail me if you are interested and I will give you my address where you can pick them up. I can also arrange for a free delivery if you are not too far away.

PS: I just looked at this post after I published it and I am still so blown away by Snowman. Notice the hopeful look in his eyes in the first photo, like maybe this is the only time this will happen with the kitty hats.

Then the next photo, as reality as begun to sink in; that this is to be an ongoing ordeal. And finally, the despairing, yet still cat-like baleful stare into the distance, as if he is above it all, and he is not, in fact, wearing a fluffy lamb costume on his head.

And what kind of "formal occasions" would call for a cat wearing a hat?!

Okay, I'm done. Wait, look at the title again. "Carton of Irregular Cat Hats." As opposed to REGULAR cat hats?

Okay NOW I'm done. Enjoy your Thursday.

13 comments:

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

As Jay Leno would say, "Your cat is NOT going to wear THAT!" So funny.

Samson has two tiny bandanas that I tie around his little neck (but not at the same time) for festive holidays. I do that just to mess with my sister who thinks dressing up animals is just.plain.silly. Said bandanas are usually ON the dog only long enough for everyone to see it, and then off it comes because.... "My dog is NOT going wear THAT!"

Happy painting. Happy weekend.

Amy Plumb said...

I'm not a cat person so I guess that's why I find it crazy to dress up a cat in hats.

Now I do dress up my dog but he is my baby.

Funny post!
Amy

Mimi's Toes said...

This cracked me up. It looked like a stuffed animal...so cute.

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I am definitely sending Scott over here. He will love it.

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

That cat thing can't be serious. Please tell me it isn't serious.

Praise and Coffee said...

Oh you crack me up! LOL!!!
That was great, thanks for the laugh today!!!

Sue

Sheryl said...

Are YOU kidding me???

sheyrl

Anonymous said...

Too cute, especially the cat hats (poor kitty).

Thanks for letting me know I won the book giveaway! I have never read this one, so will be eager to see what it says. I'm currently reading Safely Home, again!

Stacy said...

Over from Cindy's.

OH MY WORD. Those pictures of the cat? With the hats? That is way too much.

Hilarious!

~Stacy

Joyce said...

We are the docile owners of an attack cat who jumps on the back of my office chair to claw my neck if I hesitate momentarily before arising to feed him the moment he meows. :P He has trained his owners well.

Mom2Mom Ministry said...

oh this made my belly hurt because i think i owned that thing before that guy did. oh my gosh. it's got to be my attack kitty's long lost sister or something!
julie
www.homeschoolblogger.com/juliestew

His Girl said...

crying and laughing. that's what's happening over here. tears.

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

That is the funniest thing I've seen in a LONG time! THANK YOU! ha ha!!

My favorite part of the video was the catboy using the lint remover! lol

Too funny. And truly, my heart goes out to poor Snowball. Even if he's in the 7th hell, he's in a better place now. ha ha!!