Thursday, January 31, 2013

Max's First Day of College

We are so proud. Most people don't start college until they graduate from high school. Or at least start kindergarten.
Or can tie their shoes. And they usually don't cry when you take their binky away.
Whatever.
Apparently "certain" community colleges have lowered their requirements a bit. (cough Mt Hood Community College, cough, cough.)
Josiah and Ashley had a business class last night to attend and their "baby-sitter" (cough, Aunt Amy cough cough) didn't get off work in time to make it back.
So Josiah and Ashley were on their way to school.
To take a test.
 With their 2.5 year old son, Max.
When they called to ask for emergency prayer intervention, I had a slight feeling of guilt, not only because I laughed really, really hard, but because I didn't offer to run the 30 kajillion miles down there to watch Max for them.
Also, and more importantly I was already in my soft-clothes with a glass of wine and eagerly waiting to watch American Idol with Rod. (side note: having trouble liking Nicki Minaj. At all. Even a little bit. Just thought you should know.)
 And FYI, I heard someone on television call their pajamas "soft-clothes", and I am stealing the word for my very own.
Ash and Josiah brought Max into their classroom, introduced Max to the professor and sat down to take the test. I bet they weren't distracted AT ALL.
I wish that they would have taken a quick picture or two, but they may have been too busy trying to finish their tests at the speed of light. You know, before Max started singing  "Call Me, Maybe" and the entire class would begin singing the chorus, or at least have the song wedged in their head. Forevermore.
When someone entered the room, Max asked loudly, "Who is that?" before Ashley reminded him to use his library voice. So he repeated it in his library voice, which I like to think of as his stage voice, because you can hear him from the back of an auditorium.
Max and his parents finished their tests and rushed out the classroom in as much time as it takes for Nicki Minaj to roll her eyes at anything Mariah Carey says. Which is fast.
This morning when Max woke up, he asked if he could go to school again.
Funny boy.
Maybe when he learns to drink out of something other than a sippy cup.

I'll leave you with these words of inspiration and greatness by Carly Rae Jepson.
You are welcome.

  Hey, I just met you
And this is crazy
But here's my number.
Call me, maybe.
  


No comments: