Thursday, July 24, 2008

With apologies to Mommy Bloggers

As I was "wogging" (walk+jog) this morning I was thinking of many of the Mommy blogs I've been reading lately. Mommies under severe stress with jam covered little ones chasing each other through the house. Sometimes with weapons.






Mommies cleaning up poopy-covered bottoms. Sometimes hands and faces and siblings.



Mommies having to take care of everyone and everything until they are burned out. All the way.




I remember those days. I hear you. I get it.





But in my stage of life, those memories make me nostalgic. They bring tears to my eyes. They make me want to give you a gentle reminder that this season will be over before you are ready for it to be.



Then you will be looking through pictures like I did this morning after my "wogging" (which,btw, turned into "crogging." Crying+wogging ="crogging.")




So, take pictures. Today.



I didn't take nearly enough. Not even close. (this was well before digital.)



And sometimes we took pictures like this:





And this:





Why,oh why? Did we really think we would want to see the FISH we caught? And the view of the lake? It hasn't changed for thousands of years. What were we thinking?!


We could have taken more like this:

















And this:







.






















Enjoy taking care of them as only Mommy can do.







Treasure each moment, because, before you know it, you'll be looking at the pictures of these days, wishing you could go back,
just for a minute,


to wipe a sticky cheek,


read a book,


ride the first bike,


open presents,


blow out candles,


pray together,


kiss little faces goodnight and tuck into bed.




These are good times, Mommy Bloggers. And I know you know these things already, but it never hurts to have a reminder.




Hold on a second. Rod just called. He wants to go see "The Hulk" at the cheap movie theater tonight.


But I need to hurry and get a sitter and clean up the house.


Oh, that's right. No I don't.


No kids and the house is still clean.


Hmmmm...



11 witty remarks:

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Andrea Gold's 'Euphoria' kit.