Sunday, April 27, 2008

Kegerator dreamin'

I woke up early this morning to get up and get ready for church, but my neck seemed stiff. I was holding my head at a weird angle. I shrugged it off. (mentally)

As I made the coffee, I found I could hardly raise my arms high enough to reach the coffee. Uh oh! Red Alert! Red Alert!


All I remember is dreaming that I was installing the new Kegerator for Rod and I tweaked my neck.


We don't actually own the Kegerator, but it has long been a dream of Rod's (hence, it is now MY dream). Honestly, it is one he will probably not realize. The cost makes it prohibitive to him and he can't justify spending that money when we need things like electricity, food and gasoline. And occasionally sandals. :-)


But wouldn't it be fine to just be able to pull the lever and have the perfectly chilled brew of his choice come bubbling out, finishing in a foamy, frothy head? Rod does enjoy himself a cold glass of beery goodness occasionally. But to have this on hand for those summer BBQ's and potlucks would make his happiness levels soar. And make our house a pretty popular place, I'm thinking.

(Arden, if you are reading this, it is ROOTbeer. No worries.)


So, in my dream, I was surprising him with this sweet machine and even installing it with my daughter's help when, unfortunately, I tweaked my neck.


So sad. No real Kegerator. Very real pain in the neck.


So Rod got ready for church, thinking I was a wonderful wife who hurt herself trying to surprise her husband. (So what if it wasn't real. Rod thinks I'm GREAT!)

I am staying home and having church with the dogs. Don't mock. Both Chopper and Delilah love worship music.


Rod ran out to the car with his bible in one hand and his morning coffee in the other. I watched the car begin to pull out, then slam to a stop. The car door opened and Rod ran back to the house. This is what I saw.

He had dumped his hot coffee in his lap. Being the caring wife I am, I took his picture, then blogged about it. I hardly laughed at all. Because my neck. It hurts when I do.

It's lookin' like Rod might have had a little too much from the Kegerator last night.....

6 comments:

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

See, I think it is a great sign of LOVE when we document our sweeties' little life experiences (and then blog about them). I'm totally fine with that. Because, well, because that's just how I roll.

Cute blog, D!

Michelle said...

Didi,

You just made me absolutely laugh out loud. Poor Rod.

I think it's sweet that he appreciated that you dream about something for him (wanna share THAT secret?).

I am so sorry you hurt. Warm bath (add candles a glass of wine and some Ella), some scented bubble bath and soak for at least 20 minutes. Fix you right up! :)

Rod is optional (for A MASSAGE, get your mind right out of that gutter young lady!)

Hope you feel more limber soon!

Keri said...

Oh no! That couldn't have felt good to have a lap full of hot coffee!

Hope your neck is better soon :)

javamamma said...

I consider it a lucky day if I don't spill coffee on myself once. Usually it's not quite so drastic though - ouch.

Hope you're neck is back to normal soon.

Amy Plumb said...

I saw these before, how cool is that for your hubby to always have a cold one ready to go!

I hope your neck is doing better.

Amy

Mimi's Toes said...

Ooh, I know how hot coffee feels when spilled on the body. My burn on the wrist is finally healed from a nasty coffee burn not so long ago. Hope your neck is doing better. Love the nature pictures and I just love your doggy Lila's name. I know someone who has that name picked out for her baby girl.