Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Saga of THE SANDALS

small button

Gather 'round, my little Fashionistas, gather 'round.

Today you will hear the tale of the cutest shoe ever to leave a foot print. It is the legend of THE SANDALS.

I first heard about them a long, long time ago on Big Mama's own blog. She posted a link one innocent Fashion Friday which showed a picture of THE SANDALS. I followed the link and beheld the footwear vision for the first time. My heart skipped a beat. Perfect footwear can do that to me.

(DANGER!DANGER! DO NOT CLICK ON LINKS PROVIDED ON BIG MAMA'S FASHION FRIDAY'S POSTS!)


I knew they belonged to me.

In my closet.

On my feet.

In my coffin when my husband sees how much I spent.


I do believe they may cost the same as a week's worth of groceries.




Knowing this was abhorrent in His sight, I asked for the Lord to deliver me from this evil temptation as I clicked on that Nordstrom site as quickly as I could.


The Lord did not deliver me.



Nordstrom's did just a few days later.


All I could do was hope my husband would not notice or care about the price once he beheld their beauty.


But he did notice and he did care. And I thought I was going to end up, buried in the new garden out back. I would have, too.



If his package from Cabela's hadn't arrived and saved my worthless life.


Now I can wear THE SANDALS to my heart's content, eliciting admiring sighs as we walk on by.

Even though they are not from Cabela's, and not come in Mossy Oak camouflaged, Rod is now very fond of THE SANDALS.



They are cute. They are comfortable. They will go with everything,like this outfit, all Spring long and coast into Summer. Did I mention they are cute and comfortable? They are. I love them. And I am not angry at Big Mama anymore. Not even a little bit.

Click back here to see what loverly bloggers are wearing this spring. Thanks, Big Mama, for throwing this Fiesta and for, well, you know, THE SANDALS.

20 comments:

Holly said...

Oh, very pretty! Thank God for Cabela's!!

I like the outfit, too!! However, white pants are not this Siesta's friend. Maybe one day...

Connie said...

What a cute post!

In our house it is the Apple Store that I must compete with!

Amy Plumb said...

I love this, I can't wait to pull out warm clothes. It's still cold here.
Have a great weekend.
Amy

Musings of a Housewife said...

Hilarious! And so very CUTE!

Erin said...

Oh Yes, I agree, Big Mama has some great taste. Those links are dangerous!

Keetha Broyles said...

Cute outfit. My standard summer foot wear uniform is some form of flip flop.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Looks like my uniform too! I enjoyed stopping by! I hope you can drop in on my fashion fiesta!

E said...

They are cute...ahh, the Loft! That is a great place that I no longer shop at now that I am married...

Keri said...

Cute post!

Lauren said...

Those sandals look oh so comfortable... Great post!

Welcome! said...

Nice to hear from a fellow Oregonian. Thanks for stopping by. Love those sandals!

jen said...

Great post - I too have been saved by the arrival of a box with my husband's name on it! Too much fun!

Amy said...

Nordstrom's did! Love it!

They are cute and worth every penny you spent.

Mimi's Toes said...

Love them...they look so comfy..You deserve them...love the outfit.

His Doorkeeper said...

I do love those sandals too! Wear them in good health. I don't know where you live but it is still too cool for sandals here in N. Ark. Maybe another week or so! Can't wait except it means I have to start painting the old toenails! har

Muddy said...

Big Mama should have received some sort of commission on that sale. Cute sandals!

Mommy Mo said...

That was hilarious! I am so glad your hubby's package arrived from Cabela's in order to save you from certain death. The sandals are very cute.....

Michelle said...

Oh dear, a woman after my own heart.

I bought two pairs of shoes this weekend. The prerequisite to summer sandals.....and the cute shorts and tops from Bass Pro Shops (great summer clothes and the hubby is too distracted by the hunting and fishing gear to notice how much I spent). And the very sexy black suede sling backs with the peek-a-boo toes that my honey loved on my feet when I took HIM out for a wonderful dinner (sans kids).

Enjoy them hon!

Big Mama said...

Cabelas has gotten me out of many a jam in my day. Love the sandals!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.