Monday, April 28, 2008

Tell me your story....

A.W. Tozer said this in the first chapter of his classic "The Knowledge of the Holy,"

"What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us."


I'm not going to argue with him. I love hearing about people and their relationship to the Lord.


I enjoy reading so many of your blogs and just about throw a parade over here when I receive a note or an email from you. Sometimes I'll even get a tantalizing glimpse into the deeper you, the real you, when you tell me a little of your own story.

Who has God been to you?

What difficult times has He carried you through?

How did you meet Him?

What has He done for you?

How did He change you?

Have you known Him since you were a child or did you meet Him as an adult?
How did He rescue you?

How did He save you?

I know He did. He saved me, too.

What is your "God story?" (AKA testimony)

I'd love to hear more about it, and I'm betting that boatloads (okay maybe a baker's dozen or so) would, too.
This gets to the nitty-gritty of who we are; where the rubber meets the road of what really matters.

If sharing with the bloggy world is not enough incentive for you, here are a couple more reasons.

1. It is good to have your own story (or testimony) prepared and ready for the time when someone asks you why a relationship with God is important to you. (1 Peter 3:15)
As I've said before, people will often argue with scripture, but very rarely will object when you tell them what God has done for you.

2. Two pertinent scripture references:



"All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4



and


"Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, Whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy, And gathered out of the lands, From the east and from the west, From the north and from the south." Psalm 107:1-3

We can encourage each other with our testimonies, our stories. I don't know about you, but these stories lead me to worship and praise God. That is a good thing my friend.

So, join this Bloggy Carnival called "Tell Me Your Story" on Tuesday, May 14.
Copy and paste the button over on my right sidebar for your own blog and let's get that boatload of people involved.
This should, will work just like WFMW (if miracles still happen.)

I'll have a Mr. Linky ready to go (I hope and pray) on the morning of the 14th, so have your testimony ready to link up.

P.S. If you can help me figure out the Mr Linky, feel free to email me. ASAP. Or whenever. No hurry.


9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hello

I thought I would let you know that I FINALLY did the 7 Random Things About Me tag.

Sorry it took me so long. I did a few more to make it up to ya!

Have a great day!

Maude Lynn said...

What a wonderful idea!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I will plan on posting my testimony on May 13th on my new blog, Pockets of Time.

p.s. I'm looking forward to entering the "Deception" giveaway, especially now that I have the inside scoop. :)

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

Still lovin' this idea!! Lookin' forward to reading of God's goodness in the lives of others in the blogosphere. Thanks!

Faith said...

HI!
THanks for stopping by my blog.
I'm happy that my devotional post encouraged you!
I'll be back to visit.
Love the idea of the testimony posts.
Next week I am doing the Marriage Monday one about how my husband and I met.
Feel free to come back and visit!

KC said...

Thank you for the loving comment you left at my wordless wednesday post today..
This is such a wonderful idea and I will try to take part.. I'm really busy all day the 14th. 2 doctors appointments, one trip to the dentist and my Little Man's birthday.. But I can get my post linked up and hopefully make my rounds if not late on the 14th maybe on the 15th.
I'm going to go gather all my information and then come back here and tell ya how the Mr Linky works. I'll be right back.

Michelle said...

Only because I love to read what you write. And only because you do inspire me.

I have stories, but I don't have THE story.

I am not where you are yet.

I am still questioning my devotion.

But: I will tell you that you, and some others I have met through all of you, I am working through it.

I'll be ready soon.

Amy said...

Hi Diane! That's my middle name. Just thought you'd want to know...lol! Thanks for stopping by my place. I love to meet new people. I also like your idea of sharing testimonies. One of my other friends did this on Monday, but I missed it so I want to join in on this one! I love to hear others tell what they believe and why.

I'll be back to nose around a bit. I'm supposed to be working right now, but it's hard when there are so many new friends to make!

Amy Guerino said...

A challenge....it takes us deeper. I love it. Thank you for the heads up far enough in advance to work on it. I'll work on it! You are my inspiration for blogging and got me over...."but I'm not Randy Alcorn." Lovin' your blog and the challenge.