Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Rats!!

To get my mind off the fact that it is mid-April and snowing hard, I thought I could either do some data entry work for our business and actually accomplish something or scroll lazily through the "pets" section of our local Craigslist.


Guess what I chose.


You might remember the last time I posted about the kitty on Craigslist. Unbelievable stuff.

Today, to make my Spring snow day complete I found an ad simply entitled "Rats!!"

Why, oh why did I open it?

If you have any rodent phobias, as I do, please hide your eyes now. Turn away quickly. You have been warned.

"2 cute rats that need a new home. I would like to see these 2 gals go as a team. "Starsky" is the fat one, and "Dotty" has the white dot on her forehead. Both are around 16 months old. They are not sisters but have been together in a cage for a long time. Great shoulder rats and fun to play with.Thank you. Cage included."


I hope that Dottie and Starskey find a new family where they can play rat games and climb on people's shoulders all day long.(Is it just me, or does Starskey look hungry?) I need to go take a shower now.

Here is another ad I saw today(No picture. Just use your imagination):

"i am looking for a venomous snake. i've been doing venom research and just recently moved here from utah. (venomous reptiles are illegal there) and i would love to get one or two venomous reptiles. i have worked with many species of rattle snakes as well as tree vipers and cobra's. i'm most interested in gaboon vipers and rhino vipers. thanks for looking. kind regards chad."



Chad, best of luck in your venomous snake search. Please don't be my neighbor.

And finally, to wipe out any traces of shoulder rodents nibbling on your ear or venomous snakes crawling up your drain pipes I offer the following kitty ad:



"We have a 4 year old beautiful golden persian that needs a new home. We just got two new kittens from our family and our landlord said two cats must go. We hate to leave her but we need to find her a new home with a loving family. She is a pure bread persian with papers, all up to date with shots, and has an amazing hair cut. See for your self. She's a spunky cat, she runs the house and isn't afraid to speak her mind. She does not like dogs much but gets along great with other cats. Her name is Beulah Belle. If you feel you'd be a good parent please call me to come over and take a look at her."








Wow. What a haircut. There is just not anything else to say. Hopefully these kitty pictures helped erase the shoulder rat pictures from your head.

6 comments:

Amy Plumb said...

eeewww rats, that gives me the hibbie, jibbies.
The cat is very different, nice hair! Well, better then my hair today, o.k. I'm jealous.
Amy

p.s. snow? Where is summer?

E said...

WHY would you cut your cats hair like that?!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Your cat's haircut just cracks me up. Rats don't bother me (unless they're in my house), though my hubby is quite afraid of rodents. My brother had a pet mouse once, but it didn't live long.

Queen B said...

I think the data entry is better than the rats.

Jennifer said...

Awww...those rats are cute! I think.

That cat just CrACks me up!! LOVE the hair cut! I love kitties.

ps...I haven't forgotten about my tag. I promise. I just haven't had a chance to do it yet.

I hope you have a GREAT day!!

Keri said...

Oh my gosh! That kitty's hair cut made me laugh out loud! WHY would you think to do that to a cat??

My sister-in-law had a rat as a pet for many years....Yeah....Very glad we lived across the country form her at the time :P